Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Christmas in July at SheetLoads!



Making Christmas cards in the summer is fun! I love, love, love Christmas anyway, and play Christmas carols all year long when I can get away with it...so this was just extra fun for me.

So, it's Christmas this month at Sheetload of Cards. We got to use this fantastic pattern and come up with winter or Christmas cards. Love it. I couldn't stop at two...or three...or four, I had to make five! Be sure to download this month's issue http://sheetload.blogspot.com/; it's a great one!

The first two I used an unknown stamp...that I've had for years and years and years. The paper is probably from DCWV, but I am not positive. The little "Jingle Bells" is from one of those fun button sets and the holly is made out of sculpey.







I wasn't sure if could use this one because I definitely "made it my own". I added an extra sheet of cardstock in between the back layers, the sentiment/image, and behind the patterned paper that runs horizontally. But I just love it. I used AMuse stamps that I love too!






















And who doesn't love these mice? I just ooh and aah every time I use them! I used some machine stitching on this one; it was fun!







Love this one too. I love that gold paper! I used three little dew drops and also added an extra bow on top of the adorable little mouse so it adds some depth. All of the images were colored with Prismacolors and blended with mineral spirits. Hope you get some Christmas cards done this summer...and using the pattern at SheetLoads is the way to go!

2 comments:

toners said...

These are awesome! I love the gold paper - especially for holiday cards :)

Corie said...

WOW-- these are FANTASTIC