Friday, May 14, 2010

Long time no hear...

I know, I know...it's been a loooooooooooooooooooooong time since I've posted. Doesn't life just get crazy? I know it does here. I have much to be thankful for. My 19 yo ds was recently in a terrible car accident...he was stopped in the middle of a highway to turn left and the pickup behind him didn't see him....hit him at 50-60 mph in the right rear (my adorable granddaughter was in the right rear backseat), this spun him into oncoming traffic where he was hit again on the front right by a van going about the same speed. He was able to walk away. I actually haven't even looked at the pictures of the car yet, because...it just brings tears to my eyes thinking about it. I'm not ready. I have a dear friend that said this when she looked at the pictures: "You know what I saw? I could see God's hand cupped around your grandbaby and your son, and the rest of the car caved, but where they sat, He protected them." It is a miracle. My parents saw his car in person and told me they were miracles as well. He is still getting treatment for severe whiplash and a probable torn ligament in his knee. Baby girl is as healthy as can be and any signs of the accident are gone already.
I've been teaching a card class at the local senior center once a month, and even that seems to sneak up on me. I've started helping out with scrapbooking at the center as well. It's really amazing for me to see what these gals are scrapping...some really amazing things. Hopefully it will get me back to scrapping a bit, since I am about as far behind as I could possibly be!

This card was made for a friend to give to a friend. The dear friend mentioned above let me try out the "A Child's Year" cartridge...I HAVE to own it. Soon! The adorable little silhouette of the boy on the rocking horse is from that cart. The paper was run through the Cuttlebug and the "Welcome Baby Boy" was made with a die from Cuttlebug. It really is only "Welcome Baby", but I cut out a second one and pieced "Boy" together. I think it looks fantastic! The star buttons were just a fabulous coincidence...that they matched perfectly and were sitting right by my crafting area (which happened to be the dining room table at the moment--it changes to whatever surface is clear enough at the time). I'm very pleased with the card and will undoubtably make another to have on hand. Or I might spend the next 48 hours cutting and cutting and cutting before I must return this incredible cart.



4 comments:

tlcmom said...

Gee, I would have loaned you the cartridge much sooner if I knew it would get you blogging again! :O)

Alex said...

Your baby card is just precious Denise! I am soooo thankful that your son and grandbaby are okay - I remember when my son was in his car accident - his car was totaled and he walked away.....thank you God for protecting our sons! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

NormaJ said...

I am so pleased to know that your son and grandbaby were saved. It must have been a terrible moment in time for you.
Denise, please email me with your address. I have something for you.
Check out my blog for email link.
Norma - Dittydots

Sarah Elliott said...

So glad to see that everyone is fine - and you have been creating some really amazing stuff. I dropped out of the blogging world for a little while too but happy to say I'm back. Looking forward to seeing more of your great stuff.
Sarah