Monday, July 2, 2007

I've been tagged!!!

First time I've ever been tagged!
Corie from Creations by Corie tagged me this morning. I get to tell you 7 things most people don't know about me.

1. I have a teaching degree. But the only time I "used" it, was when I subbed for a short time and took over for somebody's maternity leave for three months. I have been homeschooling for over fifteen years, but I don't think a teaching degree is required (at least not in Oregon).

2. I ran out in front of a motorcycle at the end of 5th grade, got hit, got seven stitches on my elbow...lots of scrapes and bruises.

3. I have 4, 3, 3, 1, 5, 4, 5, 2, 3...that would be 30 nieces and nephews. My hubby has 12 children in his family and I have 3 in mine...and we're a fertile bunch! Yes, my children have THIRTY first cousins. My husband's parents were married for 49 years and my parents will celebrate their 50th anniversary this year.

4. I held the discus record for twenty years (from 8th grade). I had a throw of 100' 3/4" and then I quit. Yes...I can't believe I quit. I do have that regret in my life.

5. I know the stunt double for X-Men's "Sabretooth". He is Troy Brenna and his oldest sister is my best childhood friend.

6. I saw Hank Aaron when he was the grand marshal of the Rose Parade in California...I barely remember it.

7. I am spoiled. I am the youngest child of my family and my sister could probably attest to me being a spoiled brat when I was little. But I still like to get my way NOW!

I think I'm supposed to tag people too, but I'm so new to blogging that I don't have seven people to tag!! I really love that Corie tagged new people!

I hope I can create something today...or post something that is already made.

4 comments:

Debby Winters said...

Very interesting! I like your blog...thanks for the comments on my blog...I've added you to my reader too!

Corie said...

WOW you have such a LARGE family, lucky you.

Dana said...

So glad I discovered your blog! Interesting reading, cute cards and great photos.

About salt potatoes: Take new baby potatoes (small, whole, about 4 lbs.), cover with 2 quarts of water, add 1 lb of salt (YES, ONE WHOLE POUND)and boil until very tender. Drain, serve. Pour melted butter over, and enjoy!

Rochelle W said...

Nice to get to know you Denise.