Sunday, December 20, 2009

Simple, Special, Stunning...it's MY turn!

It is time for the December edition of Simple Special Stunning at the SheetLoad of Cards blog, featuring samples by Me!




Each month one of our artists will share three different cards that use the current layout. Each card is a "step up" from the previous one, but they are all fabulous. It is a good way to show how SheetLoad is geared toward papercrafters of all levels.

Here are some sneak peeks to whet your appetite...



I am really proud of how my "stunning" one turned out, so here it is...
The pearl flourishes were made with the $1.00 pearls. I drew a swirl, covered that with acetate and adhered the pearls on in patterns, cut them out and glued them on. The little "Believe" is doen on shrink plastic and I think it added a really cool look to it. Now the fluffy stuff is the shredded Styrofoam that I've used several times. The look just fascinates me. Here's a close up of Santa's hat so you can see the fluff and shimmer!



2 comments:

Katie Skiff said...

These cards are beauitful, but that Santa image is just amazing!! Great job Denise!!

Mary said...

This is just beautiful.