Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Giving thanks...



I loved this card so much, I had to case it. Michele used stamps and I have a much neglected paper punch, so I opted for punched leaves. I made fold lines on them and added some ink to give it the look I wanted. I printed out the sentiment on the computer.
This card is going to go to the caregiver's for Cammie's grandmother. Cammie has the most incredible give away and for a wonderful cause. Cammie's grandmother died from Alzheimer's and she is asking people to make cards to thank all of the amazing caregivers out there. I know there are a lot out there and so many will be touched by these cards. What a sweet thing this is. You need to go see the amazing companies that donated and you need to send a card to thank those caregivers.

13 comments:

pbo said...

Gorgeous card!

Alex said...

This is so pretty Denise, I totally love it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful card for a wonderful cause! Love the detailing in the punched leaves!

n8tvtexan said...

Nice card! I think I have some of that paper in my stash. I'll have to dig it out. Now I'm off to make a card for my grandmother's caregiver when she had Alzheimers.

Unknown said...

This card is lovely. I'm sooo ready for fall!

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but if you'd still be up for an image swap with the Inkadinkadoo birds, I'd love to swap with you! You can email me at sairabee@yahoo.com if you're interested! :) Thanks!

Amy Sheffer said...

The way you altered the punched leaves is incredible! They almost look like real leaves!! Wow - thanks for sharing.

toners said...

Denise, I thought these were real leaves when I first clicked over to your blog! Beautiful!

Marge said...

Wow, you leaves are just FABULOUS! They look totally real!!! Gorgeous card!!!

Gwen said...

great job! those leaves look so real :) it's the perfect fall card

Beeb said...

What a great idea!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway! Good luck, and I hope to see you again for next week's giveaway!

-Beeb :)

Allison Rankin said...

Those leaves look so real...awesome job!

Kathy Gerace said...

Your leaves look real. What a great technique for making them. The card is beautiful and so seasonal. Great job!

SusanBluerobot said...

beautiful love the colours since over here we are going into spring it brings back a bit of autumn